Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Emotional Purging

Had dinner at L's tonight. Her hubby C is sick, the boys are tired and tempermental, I'm worn right out and have a huge assignment due Wednesday morning which I have barely started. I had already decided that I was leaving around 7:30ish. By that point C is going to bed, M is nearly in tears because he is so frustrated with his homework, CM is in tears because I wouldn't give him ice cream, L is trying to sort of M's homework and I am ready to tear my hair out. Then I get such a loving (please do note that there should be sarcasm in here) text from my sister, CC. So I go outside to fight with her. It was ridiculous. By the time everyone gets settled it is closer to 9:30, so L and I started talking. Well we dredged up everything. From her mom, my mom, health issues, insecurities. When I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING.Things that I would never tell anyone. She was in tears, I was in tears and all at different times.
A couple weeks ago, she wrote me a very sweet letter and told me to face myself and accept the gifts that I have. Everytime I look at the letter I wonder what gifts she is talking about. I never see myself this way, I'm more the, this person pissed me off, how could (s)he do that to so and so, I'm gonna kick there ass type of person. So I asked her about it. She made me sit there staring into a mirror well she started describing my gifts. We made it through the physical before we got on a far more emotional topic and both started crying yet again. On a my other blog I had another post called emotional purging. This is what sprouted all of these letters, plus get a little wine in L and I and the emotions start to fly. Probably part of why C always decides to head to bed early.

No comments: