Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Friends With Managment... Is It Possible?

Is it possible to be friends with management at work? Case in point, my direct boss, C. We got to be really good friends and then got in this huge fight over a visit from our then project manager. Nothing has been the same since. Last night we had our Holiday Girl Time Gala, a private after hours event for preferred customers. After that the new cosmetics manager, whom worked in ladies wear when I started, K invited me for drinks with her. So off the two of us go for drinks. At this point I realized that although K and I knew each other well at work, she is a very different person outside of work. I like her both ways. Me I am who I am, regardless of where I am. K pointed out that become good friends with management is a mistake (K what the hell were we doing last night then?), and that I do way too much. After 2 double Bellini's she made me sign a 'legally binding contract' to not baby sit or house sit for my friends any more. They are my friends and will understand when I say no. Made me sign it then added a post script that I will only do baby sit or house sit for my very best friend, K. Lol, K that was awesome, and we should definitely do that more often!

2 comments:

LawNut said...

I tend to think it's not that possible because the management person's job will inevitably become more important to her than her friendship with you, and may force her in a position to admonish you for something and then you're going to be left like "WTF, I thought we were friends??" and that never bodes well...

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can bruit about that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is even now a definitely as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with issue of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=cute ftp pro 8.0.7 ?
I noticed the axiom you have in the offing not used. Or you profit by the dreary methods of development of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg