Sunday, November 12, 2006

Platinum and Pink

So I'm outside on my last coffee break today and I look over a notice the couple sitting next to me. The guy was just your average 40-something guy. The woman on the other hand had platinum blond hair with jet black eyebrows (not to mention the roots), fully done make up and to top it off, bright pink lipstick. What is it with society's blond obsession? Inseret "Dirty Laundry" lyrics here. That look has to be the most overdone, fake look ever. Not to mention the fact that it is the basis of dumb blond looks. So two questions; are guys really attracted to this extremely fake and high maintance look; and are women really that insecure that they have to go from being themselves, to being the kind of phony, to the complete fake? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I despise them, several of my own friends are like that in a way. Some do it really well (L) some not so much (T). In this case, L is the inbetween cuz she softens it to a honey tone, and you can hardly tell the difference when her roots grow a bit, T on the other hand has the complete package of platinum and pink. Will our obsession ever end, or will we simply sucumb to the era of the bubble headed bleached blond?

No comments: