Monday, July 14, 2008

Men: Can't Live With Em, Can't Live Without Em!
So myself and a couple of my sisters have recently had some men troubles. A probably (ok definitely) had more than Chi or I have. Mine is the classic example of guys not doing anything. I flat out say "I'm single, let's go out." during a conversation. We flirt constantly, he was going to ask for my number but I wasn't there. So I asked for his phone and put my number in it. This is all far more forward than I normally am (see Old Fashioned Quirks). He still has not called or done anything (besides saying that we should go out and several hours worth of flirting). It is at the point where even my boss said today "Fuck, just go jump him in the parking lot. I'm Goddamn sick of watching you two dance around each other." He asks if I have plans for tonight I say no and move closer. Nothing is happening! Grrrr. Driving me nuts! How much more obvious could I be? Any tips?
When I told Chi all of this earlier tonight, she asked when I began dating her boyfriend. This was the main reason for their "break" last week. He had a five day long business trip so she asked if he would call her. His words, "Well that's pretty expensive." And of course that took him about five minutes to get out. Ok, AH, let me give you some advice. When your gf asks if you are going to call her, "that's expensive." is pretty much the worst possible thing you could have said. Even a simple "no" would be slightly more advisable. My whole point with this is that he should know her well enough to know that his response would really hurt her. Chi is the girl who wants her bf to call her when he goes away, wants the romance. S and I decided that we would be like, yeah that's true, text me then. But that's us, we aren't really as, uh, (sorry Chi) clingy as Chi is. A but c'est la vie. They are together and apartment hunting yet again.
Now A and N. That was the biggest relationship issue this week. A and N have been together for nearly ten years (high school sweethearts) and have been living together for about four or five years. They had decided to get married this year. When N got a new car (and a couple other toys) and A had no ring or anything else she became doubtful of the relationship. On top of that she felt as though she had lost that connection with N. So she did a lot of stupid things (sorry A, I understand why you didn't tell me all of this to begin with). Like using a guy at work to make N jealous. She put two of their condoms in her purse when she was supposed to go out with dude from work. So Monday they talk, they both cry, she feels better, he is physically sick. Tuesday she tells him about her attempts of jealousy. He accepts this, tells her that he knew, that's why he didn't do anything about it. And then N dropped the bomb that he was going to buy her a ring and had even talked to his mom about it a couple days before. Wednesday N tells her that they are ok, but that there is one piece of the puzzle missing. Ah the condoms. So A freaks, drags them out of her purse and shows him that both are still there and that she would never consider cheating, she forgot, and didn't think he noticed.
So everything is back as it should be. If only W and I could get on track here.

No comments: