Sunday, April 13, 2008

Home Sweet Home
Finally home! Ok I shouldn't say finally when we were only gone for 4 days. My morning started at 5:40 (far too early for any sane person to be awake) and went downhill rapidly. Ma was in such a rush that I left my cell charger at the hotel. Fabulous. No smoke before plane (no comes and goes at airports which meant I had to wait for hours and 3 airports before I could finally have a smoke at 1:30!). No coffee yet either. Lovely US security decided that with my lip gloss, cell phone and possibly the not-awake-no-coffee-no-smoke snarky comment I made about blowing up the plane with my lip gloss, I apparently was a security risk. FABULOUS MAKE MY DAY BETTER I DARE YOU. By the time the woman (who's mood was just as good as mine) started scanning me the beeps sounded near the waist on my jeans. She asked me like 4 times if I had a belt on (WTF would I lie) and then made me lift my top and fold down my jeans so that she could check me over. I had one had (cuz your arms are out... palm up... heaven forbid your palms face down) hand in a fist and on the tip of my tongue was an offer to strip naked in front of everyone in order to prove there was nothing there. So now I am tired, pissed off (I was fine until I started writing this then in peeved me again) and attempting to do the mountains of laundry (because apparently I am the only one who knows how!). GRR

No comments: