Saturday, April 19, 2008

Human's and Their Ridiculousness... a New Observation
For this post I am not observing some random person whom I don't even know as per usual. This observation is on two women (with a little bit of family thrown in), one of whom I know very well, the other I just met last night. Now for a little background info... W1 and I used to work with and so I know her and her family quite well. Unfortunately we hadn't seen each other in quite some time. W2 is W1's new friend (and apparently even more crazy than she is!). W2's daughter is friend's with W1's kids and was staying the night. So I wasn't quite sure why I found both of them in the apartment when I got there. Handily enough W1's new apartment is not even a block from A's so I parked at A's and did the whole wind down (watched Nip/Tuck for the 1st time because all other channels were screwing up... fabulous show by the way).
Right before I got to W1's, she had received a phone call. So the first thing she tells me is how excited she is but can't tell me why. Right there I was going ummm wtf just tell me. Into the living room and her hubby (we'll just call him hubby) is on the couch exhausted and fed up. He says hello to me and looks at W1 "Just tell her! Enough of this!" Ok so hubby not in a good mood. That's fine with me... I'm having a feeling that W1 and W2 are going to drive me nuts and hubby's bad mood will balance it out. It did happen that way... until he went to bed and left me alone with the crazy's. Right of the hop W2 starts asking me where I work, what I do and all sorts of shit like that. Ok way too much for just meeting someone, back the @&^% off! Upon my revelation that I am going back to school in the fall, W2 spent 40 minutes trying to convince me to go on EI in September. First of all lady, I'm quitting. They generally don't give you EI when you quit. Second of all, this whole conversation proves to me that you are a drain on the system and expects others to be as well. The system is in place for emergency use (like being laid off and not expecting it, maternity leave etc). And definitely not a good first impression you crazy waste of space. Oh good to get that out!
So W1's big news was that this company that she used to work for (she has since quit the conglomerate that we worked at together as well) called and offered a commercial. Sweet nice good for you. Ok my issue with this is that it is a weight loss company and she claims she has kept the weight off. Uh no, dear you haven't. And bitching that you ate three pieces of pizza while the rest of us had two, living down the street from (so routinely going to) McDonalds, and the binge eating late at night when everyone is asleep are not the practices that company taught you, you can't advertise that #^$*!. Apparently she was heartbroken because W2 had more of a reaction than hubby did. OMG. Then she went into how even W2 notices that hubby spoke to me more, and I get more out of him than she does. OMG do we have to start this shit again. I did nothing. I don't effing play games with people, I am myself. That's it! You on the other hand play constant mind games, you get pissed off at him for something he did in your dream FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! And you wonder why someone who doesn't play games and just simply talks to him can get more out of him! Bloody hell! Maybe I am being unfair and a little harsh. I do feel sorry for her because hubby can push pretty hard and back people into corners. But then again I feel sorry for him to. It is a relationship that wouldn't have lasted if they didn't have kids.
Side note on that. W1 used to always tell me to go into her room and climb into bed with hubby. OK, no that crosses too many lines. So when I called a couple weeks ago, hubby played that up, huskily telling me that his wife wasn't home. So I played along with it and we laughed about it. So did she. Well apparently she was pissed at both of us for that. I am in my mid-twenties. I left high school style drama a long time ago. W1, honey you are forty-six, start bloody acting it!
Ok so this happened to turn into more of a rant than an observation. I needed to.

No comments: