Friday, April 11, 2008

Greetings From Sunny San Diego!
Yes my fine and fellow readers, I have escaped the cold miserable rain of Metro to head south! I'm currently drinking a lukewarm cup of Wolfgang Puck coffee (considering it is Wolfgang Puck I was expecting considerably more. I'm actually rather disappointed), in the Jimmy Carter presidential suite at the Omni, alternately looking at a beautiful view of the Harbour and Babe Ruth's original contract. The best feature (after having Craig Long, the sales manager take us on a tour) is the bridge that goes over 6th (I think) St right into Petco Park (where the Padres play). So disappointed that there was no game on. If I walk to the very end of the hall on our floor I can see the entire infield and everything. The only downside is the fact that you can't really smoke here (ah joining the realms of a smoke free world... difficult for someone like me). You can, however, smoke on the bridge way to Petco Park. That was fine during the day but late last night and early this morning. Ah I smoked on my terrace (sorry Craig). Unfortunately I can't find a rock station in San Diego so I have settled on country. I do have a nice rock medley on my Ipod but I can't get the bloody dock to work.

Ma and I decided to head to the mall last night for some quick food court dinner and shopping. She wanted to take a cab but there is a LRT station right beside our hotel so I suggested we take the train. The train was like stepping into the seventies. Lol. We had to switch trains twice (so we rode all three lines at least part way). While shopping Ma found this strange jacket/top/necklace all in one combo thing. It was really weird but we figured it might look better on. So with armloads full we trooped into the fitting room. The result- my Randy Jackson impersonation. "Yo Dawg! It was just alright for me man!" This had all of the loud obnoxious people staring at me and Ma and I cracking up. There was some crazy woman that followed us on to the train and continued to follow all the way to our stop. By the time we were a couple stops away I was really creeped out by her. Ma loudly proclaims that the next stop is ours as I'm hissing at her to shut up.

On to other news (from home), ASA not so anti-social, she's actually very nice. I think the guys and I just shell-shocked her that first night.

A is not leaving! Dingus offered both of us raises and it was enough to get her to stay! Yay!

Poor EZ bought a new car about three weeks ago. She calls me on Tuesday asking if I have the number for a friend's ex-fiance who happens to be a tow truck driver. N knows the people who sold her the car (at a used car lot ~shudders~) so Wednesday he goes storming in there giving them shit and telling them that they better take care of her and fix it up. Ah N we love that you know all sorts of people in the auto industry.

Miss M had a birthday (well actually today but we had a party for her last weekend). It was very pink (again ~shudders~) too much for me. But it went well. We had a giant dinner (courtesy of CC and Mama L), champagne toasts and Chi made us play pin the butterfly on the Pooh poster or something of the sort. So Happy Birthday Miss M! We love you!

Seeings how I'm in SD that means plenty of ridiculous habits to observe. Must get to work!

No comments: