Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Dramatic Weekend
Bro was sick this weekend. Started Friday and is still continuing. He was so out of it that he offered me twenty bucks to go get his girlfriend, ASA, from a neighboring suburb. No problem, I tell him I'm going for drinks with some friends then I'll go get her and bring her back to our place. Rather unfortunate for me as the next place for me to hit was a pub about five minutes from ASA's but being a nice sister I agree.
About ten minutes after I get to the first meeting place, ASA calls me freaking out. She tells me she is just going to take the bus to my place because (and I misunderstood this due to her accent), Bro has a fever of 107. She says she's going to take him to the hospital. How she was planning I'm not quite sure. So I call my mom (while my rational thought is kicking in to the thought that he would have been far far more out of it and not be able to tell me anything if his fever was really 107) telling her to go see him. She tells me his fever is actually 102.7 and that she gave him Advil to bring it down. So I head back in to finish my drink and pay my bill. Call ASA to tell her I'm on my way. Call Bro, who at this point sounds far far more with it than the hour before. He tells me he's fine. My response, "Well tell her that!". I pick up ASA and try to convince her all the way home that he's fine. So I drop her off and leave. When I get back later, I go out for a smoke with ASA. She's still freaked but at least not to the point of hospital. She says they're going to the doctor tomorrow. So the next day comes and apparently the walk-in clinic diagnosed an ulcer. Umm, not a doctor but seeing several problems with this. First of all tests need to be done to confirm the presence of the helicobactor pylori bacteria is present. Second of all ulcers generally don't cause fevers and aches and pains. The kid has a flu for the love of God! So tonight ASA comes over and yells at him (a small part of me loves when she yells at him simply due to the accent) that he will eat what she feeds him and drink what she gives him. Dude just ate and threw up dinner and his lunch before that. Oh I hear them leaving. It was a damn interesting fight. He's a bitch to argue with to begin with, don't try it when he's sick. You might as well be beating your head against a brick wall!

No comments: