Saturday, May 10, 2008


Fundraising for Olympic Athletes... Mike Leigh

I went to a fundraiser for a local Olympic athlete today. Mike Leigh (read his blog here) is going to Bejing this summer as a laser sailor. For about an hour I watched kids and adults alike donating money to Mike's dream and challenging him to the WI. When it was my turn I gave up on the hour of bowling I watched and made him play baseball with me. Unfortunately Mike won the game (1-0) but it was a great game.
Mike is an avid sailor, very passionate about his sport. He explained the differences between different types of sailing to me (I had no idea there was so many), and told me all about his travels and competitions. Of course the second I found out he had a blog I latched right onto him. Check the above, or the link on the side to read about Mike's adventures in sailing and travels. Good luck with your future endeavors Mike. We're all behind you for Beijing and beyond!
For more information about Mike's Olympic journey and other HBC fundraising initiatives please click here, or visit your local HBC store.

No comments: