Wednesday, March 12, 2008

And the Sickness Continues... the Lost Art of Common Sense
If I ever discover who I got this cold from I will kill them. Seriously, well once I have the energy to kill them that is. I have been consistenly dying since Sunday. Monday morning I went to work for 4 hours. Co-workers and customers alike told me that I looked like and sounded like a zombie. How delightful!
The last straw that made me go home was the call from one of my customers who I consistently flirt with said "You sound pathetic when you're sick! Go home!" That was it, I left without a backwards glance.
The last couple of days have been slightly better (again with the crazies and stupidness though). For example I went to Starbucks for coffee on my lunch break. Not wanting to be a total db to the environment I bring my handy little Starbucks travel mug. Naturally the girl working askes me if I want room for cream. My answer, "no but please leave enough room so that I don't spill it.". OK I will now digress into a little lesson in common sense. What happens when you have a form of liquid in an enclosed space and then you put something solid in it? The liquid rises to accomodate whatever you put in it. Great now that we all know that, I can point out that the Starbucks girl apparently doesn't know this as she filled it nearly to the top so when I put the lid on it freaking overflowed everywhere! Common sense is a lost art.

No comments: