Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Fashion Observation
Ok what is with the obsession with leggings? The concept of leggings is good- what they look like is a whole other story. Unless you look like Nicole Richie chances are that you look completely ridiculous.

If only I had my camera when I went to get coffee this afternoon. A woman in front of me had on this puffy jacket that looked like it was supposed to be a cross between leather and some casual puffy style. Instead it looked like a waxy (with a bit of a sheen) plastic coating on her cafe au lait coloured coat. Now remembering that I all I could see was the back of her at this point, I noticed the chesnut coloured cable knit sweater that came down over her suede (or likely faux suede) light brown skirt. Below this she was wearing black leggings (would've been alright with a black shit not a chesnut cable sweater!) with (wait for it!) black socks. But not just socks, oh no, she had the old school scrunchy kind of socks. Oh and it gets worse, black runners. Not casual, chic sneakers like Pumas but old lady style runners.
From the back she had a cute (if you're 30) short spiking Joan Jettish hair. The unfortunate part was that it was sort of spikie not actually spiked (or styled) and that it was the red that is obviously died because it fried her hair and couldn't quite cover the jet black that Asian people are known for. When she turned around (much to my amazement) she was about 45 and polished off this amazing Fugly look with a chunky black scarf.
Oh camera where art thou for life's fashion blunders?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent observation to say the least! I've taken pix with my camera phone and sent them into Glamour magazine for their DON'T section. LOL.

I wear leggings, but always under something else. God forbit my fat rolls poke out and expose me!

xoxo Diva