Monday, March 17, 2008

Luck O' The Irish.... Apparently it's Not With This Irish Girl
In honour of St Pat's day I decided to do this post in green.
Computers crashed at work today. At least I sure worked my ass off for the donut A and N picked up for me at lunch. Freaking ran for part checks. Please don't call tomorrow people. We are short staffed and still without a modem. Have some mercy on us please.
Chi sells insurance for a living. Naturally she is my first call should I need any info. Apparently (still at a 30% discount this year) I am now at a 75% surcharge. That's right 75% on top of the $2000 I already pay per year. WTF and HTF did this happen. Apparently a previous claim under my parents plate almost 7 years ago (I was driving) has now come back to haunt me. Our insurance provider (we have the joy of living in a province where it is a government "non-profit" corporation) supposedly has a loop where after 4 years of continuous coverage you drop back down to your discount. Just over 4 years ago I was involved in an accident (which I maintain was not my fault). Unfortunatly after all legal ways of disputing this it was still deemed my fault. That's fine... I paid my insurance even when I didn't have a car, I paid my surcharges every year. Now they're telling me that it is still effecting me. I don't believe that I will be driving this summer.
I do appologize for the rant, observations will continue later on.

No comments: